Monday, January 21, 2019

Transferred

Hello my people!! I love you all and I hope you're doing great! So this week was wild. I don't remember if I said it or not last week but it was transfer week last week and I was transferred to Aruja! I was in the city in my last area and Aruga is very different, it's in the interior of our mission. THERE ARE HORSES AND MOUNTAINS here. They are tropical mountains but none the less a mountain is a mountain! I was so happy to see the cows and horses I got a little teary eyed, I was so excited. I also got my new companion that will be my daughter in the mish (the fam is growing) fresh from the CTM. Her name is sister Meio and she is from Fortaleza Brasil. This week has been a good learning experience. I also am loving the area. We are doing what they call opening an area which is when both missionaries are new to the area and both missionaries have no idea where anything is. The map has become one of my new best friends. The members here also help so much, holy cow they are amazing! Irmao Januario has gone out with us a couple of times and showed us a whole bunch of our area and where the members live which has been SUPER helpful and everyone in this ward is just excited about missionary work so I'm just pumped! We also found a bunch of people to teach this week who are awesome! They are so funny and we are already buddies! This area also has tons of hills, giant hills... but I think walking up them all day everyday builds character so tudo bem! But really it's not bad, you get used to it pretty quick! The area is super beautiful and the field is truly white and ready to harvest here in Aruja. I'm just happy to be working in the field. This week I was studying in Alma 5 when Alma basically is calling the people unto repentance and he asks them if they died tomorrow if they would be ready and then says how the Lord is sending them an invitation that is to come unto him, come unto Christ saying how his merciful arms are open for us until the perfect day that we will be able to hug our Savior who's arms are open unto us because we repented and tried to be more like him! So I hope you are all coming unto Christ especially with the new "Come Follow Me" curriculum that the church has sent out. I was thinking about it this week and how the prophet is truly called of God to receive revelation for all of us. Because we have our spiritual body and our physical body. We feed our physical bodies every single day because if not we are going to get weak and probably a little grumpy because we are hungry. It's the same with our spiritual body. If we only ate food on Sunday we are not going to be very happy campers the rest of the week! Just like with our spiritual body if we only study and feel the spirit on Sunday how are we going to have the light of Christ throughout the week and feel the joy that the gospel brings! Our spirits will become weak and even a little grumpy just like our physical body without food. We need to feast upon the words of Christ like it says in 2 Nep 32:3. Now we even have an organized study that the church (Lord) has given us to help us feed our spirit a little every single day! The church of Jesus Christ is perfect because it's his church. Man, I just love Jesus Christ and I know he loves all of us because he gave us a loving prophet to guide us and soooo many other things. I hope you're all being spiritually fed every single day and lighting the world with the light of Christ. Love you all. Amo todos voces e uma otima samana para todos.

Beijos
Sister Peine

No comments:

Post a Comment