Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Cast Your Nets to the Other Side of the Boat

Hey y'all!!! It was another great week here in Florida! It is so pretty here!! We found quite a few new people to teach this week including a French couple, and a Brazilian woman named Neide! I was so pumped to teach in Portuguese again it felt so good and made my heart happy hahah! Portuguese is the best!! My Spanish is improving but it's a work in progress😂
I forgot to mention that we met the new mission president, President Hollingsworth and his wife a few weeks ago! I love them!! They are so funny and have so much missionary spirit in them, I'm so grateful that they are here!! President Hollingsworth gave a training about the apostles and talked about how in John when they all go fishing after Christ's crucifixion and they catch NOTHING (even though they are experienced fishers) then when they are coming back in there is a man on the shore who tells them to cast their nets on the right side of the boat (like Jesus had done before) immediately they remember and recognize that's its Christ and as they switch the net to the other side they caught so many fish it almost broke the net. Then he went on to ask us if we were willing to show our faith and switch our "nets" to the other side of the boat even though it may make no sense to us! He invited us to think of ways in our work that we can switch our "nets" to the right side or in other words trust in God and follow his way even when we might be confused for a little while! It was a really good training and made me think good and hard about what I can do in my life to 1 recognize what I can change and 2 have the faith to follow my answer because I know that God's plan is ALWAYS better than ours. I have had to learned that the hard way sometimes! But I invite you all to do the same and pray to know what you can do to "switch your nets to the other side" and follow your answers with faith even if they don't make sense at first, eventually they will. Love you all so much, have a great week!!!
Love, Sister Peine
P.s. Sorry I kinda forgot to take pics this week but here is one of us eating rice with our hands with our Filipino friends, Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment