Monday, August 13, 2018

Bus stress!!!

Hello everyone!

This week was a good one! (Maybe one of these days I'll think of another way to start these things) But it's just because all of my weeks are so good! I guess that's just what happens when you're serving the Lord but really this week was just too good. Gabriel WAS BAPTIZED and it was so AMAZING! Then today after his confirmation he told us how he's thinking about going on a mission..man we were so excited! We also had divisoes this week with sister Ogohtuama and Sister Cifuentes! It was a lot of fun! We met one of the members there named Ganilton. He is 88 years old and he loves helping he missionaries! He is seriously an angel for all the sisters who pass through that area. He has a wall FULL of pictures of all the missionaries that have passed through that area and this box they all signed that he had me sign. He's so cute, and then he made cakes for us! So there was a down side this week....the buses here are GIANT, it's like 2 buses put together and it bends in the middle, it's wild! We were coming back from our lunch appointment and we get on the bus and there are 2 seats open so I sat in the back of the bus and my companion in the middle, close to the doors. Side note....I only have 3 weeks in this area and our area is HUGE so I still don't know how to get around so good yet... So I'm just chilling on the bus and all of a sudden I see my companion outside my window, so I jump up and start running for the doors just in time for them to close literally almost on my nose as my companion is yelling, "Oh no, I forgot you don't know the area!" and then the bus took off. Well, the bus stops are very far apart here and it's like a giant maze....Also I had no clue where I was or even how to get back to my house and my companion had the cell phone! So I ran to the front of the bus to tell the bus driver that I needed off the bus and he said O.K, thinking I was talking about the next stop (as we are getting further and further away from where I last saw my companion, so all sorts of stressed, I yelled, "No you don't understand, I need to get off RIGHT NOW!" He looked at me like I was crazy and also a little annoyed then looked straight forward and slammed the brakes, pretty sure everyone on that bus got whip lash...because we were definitely going a solid 50-60 mph on a busy road! So after I got of the bus I started sprinting in the direction of my companion I was without her for like 20 minutes and when I found her she was waiting for me with her camera taking pictures of me sprinting down the side walk, to say the least she was not as stressed as me haha then today we had p-day with our zone, it was a ton of fun, we played volleyball and ate hot dogs....well that is about it for this week, oh ya, today I hit 6 months in the mission so that is crazy, it is passing by soooooooo fast, but I am loving every minute of it and there is no place I would rather be than here in brasil serving our Savior. I love you all and I hope you have a great week, ate a proxima, beijo

Love, sister Peine

No comments:

Post a Comment