Monday, September 10, 2018

Visit from the Apostles

This week was oh so good! Literally almost everything fell through this week...BUT we had a visit from the Apostles and I got to see some of my favorite people so I can't complain! We also had divisions with the sister AP's (assistant to the president) which was a lot of fun and I learned a lot from them! I went with sister Southwick (who is also from Utah) so that was a good time. Then on Thursday we had family night with a family in the ward and our recent convert, Gabriel. We made tacos which was also a good time. On Friday we all met together at the train station with our zone to travel to the church where M. Russell Ballard and Elder Soares and his wife spoke to us (the church next to the temple.) When we got there, there were about 700 other missionaries there which was really cool to see! I also saw a bunch of people that I was in the CTM with, my mission mom, sister Torres (my mission soul sister) and some people I knew in high school or met at EFY's so that was crazy to see so many people I knew! Elder Ballard's and Elder Soares talks were really inspiring! Elder Soares talked about the example of Jesus Christ in missionary work, how he talked to literally everyone about the gospel. He didn't ever want to let anyone lose the opportunity to hear about it, and neither should we! He also talked about how every time the Lord gives a commandment he promises blessings that we will receive when we keep that commandment and how we are commanded to open our mouths and share the gospel and when we do this we will be blessed with the words we need and the spirit! Then Elder Ballard spoke, he told us about how much he loves us and how the 12 apostles pray for us every Thursday! Then he went on to talk about faith and how if we have faith, true faith then we don't have fear. He also talked about how we have pathways being guided form heaven for each one of us and when we don't have faith sometimes we are passing by all the blessings that are on that part of the path! He also talked about our missions and how we aren't just learning to be good servants of God but we are building a foundation of the principles and doctrines of the gospel that we are going to use for the rest of our lives and how when we really understand the gospel and have faith we will be happy because we truly understand how to change, how to find true happiness, and have hope...through Christ. Then he closed by telling us what he thought Christ would say to us if he was there, and part of what he said was, "there is nothing so hard that we can't accomplish it together," which I really liked. If we want something to happen we only need two people to want it to happen...us and our Heavenly Father and truly nothing is impossible. That's one of the biggest things I have learned so far on my mission. After the apostles spoke to us my whole zone got lost in the Sao Paulo south mission at 9:00 at night because we took the wrong bus, so we all wandered around the giant city in Brazil together like a herd of little lost sheep! It was so funny! Well, that's about it for this week, I hope you are all praying and searching for opportunities to be missionaries and then sharing your knowledge without fear. I challenge you all to pray to find opportunities to be a missionary and give a Book of Mormon to someone you don't know! Well, I love you all and I hope you have a superb week! Beijo!

Love, sister Peine

No comments:

Post a Comment